Tofu Curry Noodles with Vegetables
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
The star of this Thai-style recipe is its simple-yet-luscious curried peanut sauce. Crisp veggies, extra firm tofu and edamame round out the dish and nicely complement the noodles and sauce.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Curry Powder
- 3/4 pound rice noodles
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed overnight, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- 2 red bird's eye peppers, seeded, minced and divided
- 4 teaspoons peanuts, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot
1. Prepare rice noodles according to package directions, ensuring the noodles are still somewhat firm as they will continue to cook in the pan. Set aside.
2. Dredge tofu pieces in a mixture of cornstarch and salt. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Fry half of the tofu until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside on a paper-towel lined plate. Add another 2 tablespoons of peanut oil to the wok and fry the remaining tofu in the same manner.
3. Whisk together broth, soy sauce, honey, curry powder, and peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Simmer until thick, about five to seven minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil back to the wok and turn the heat to high. Sauté bell pepper and scallions for one minute, until tender crisp. Add edamame, carrots, and half of the minced chilies and cook for another minute. Return tofu to pan.
5. Transfer rice noodles to the pan and toss with simmered curry sauce. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro and remaining red chiles. Serve with lime wedges.