Vegan Veggie Quiche
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Traditionally featuring eggs, cheese and meat, quiche makes a wonderfully filling and wholesome breakfast. In this vegan version, veggies, vegan cheese, smoky tempeh and tofu are the star players. Well-seasoned and savory, this appetizing quiche meets the mark for both vegans and carnivores alike.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 package organic smokey tempeh strips
- 1 pound firm tofu, patted dry
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 5 ounces vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 frozen whole wheat 9-inch pie crust (thaw while cooking vegetables)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, red pepper, broccoli, and tempeh until cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In blender, blend tofu, soy milk, turmeric, basil, and nutmeg until smooth.
4. Stir vegetables, tofu mixture, and cheese together in a bowl. Pour batter into pie crust and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean.