Goji Ginger Popcorn Balls
Total Time: 0 hrs 25 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Makes: 18 servings
1/2 cupFrontier Co-op Goji (Lycii) Berries (Gou Qi Zi), Whole 1 lb.
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/3 cup organic popcorn kernels
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
1. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil until melted. Add popcorn kernels and cover with pot with lid. Heat popcorn, shaking the pot occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes, until popping slows and the majority of the kernels are popped. Remove from heat.
2. Into a large bowl, pour popcorn, removing un-popped kernels. Add crystalized ginger and goji berries.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine brown rice syrup and sunflower seed butter, stirring occasionally. Continue to heat mixture for about 3 to 4 minutes, until contents are well combined and easily pourable.
4. Pour mixture over popcorn and, using a wooden spoon or your hands, coat popcorn.
5. Lightly wet your hands and form popcorn into 18 3-inch balls. Serve as soon as possible.
If desired, substitute non-sweetened or sweetened sunflower seed butter for the unmodified sunflower seed butter, but expect a slightly different consistency and taste.