Total Time: 45 mins
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4 servings
Stuffing baked or grilled chicken is a wonderful way to sneak in veggies or add a boost of savory flavor. In this recipe, spinach and cheese form the stuffing, seasoned with our salt-free Garlic 'n Herb Seasoning and a dash of nutmeg. Stuff, wrap, bake and serve with spaghetti sauce for a low-carb version of chicken Parmesan.
1 package (5 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
2 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Garlic & Herb Seasoning, divided
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Nutmeg
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
3/4 cup low-sodium spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a large glass baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, ricotta cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, 1½ teaspoons Seasoning, and nutmeg.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut a large cavity in each chicken breast (without cutting all the way through). Rub remaining Seasoning on outside of chicken breasts, then spoon spinach mixture into each breast. Close cavities with toothpicks so filling does not leak out during cooking.
4. In oiled glass baking dish, place chicken and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Evenly coat chicken breasts with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan on top . Bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Use Alfredo Sauce instead of spaghetti sauce for an even richer chicken dish.