Roasted Chicken with Dried Cherries, Capers and Chilies
Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon Paprika ground org
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt regular 5# pkg.
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper black medium grind org
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed ground organic
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks 2.75" organic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 teaspoons extra-vigin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 to 2 hot chile peppers, seeded and diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Place the chicken in a large shallow roasting pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with the dry seasoning mixture.
3. Roast for 45 minutes, or until thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the broth, cherries, capers, honey, cumin, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the cherries are plump and the sauce has thickened. Stir in the chile peppers.
5. When the chicken is cooked, for extra flavor, if desired, drain off the pan juices and stir them into the cherry sauce. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick before serving.
6. Place the chicken on a serving platter and top with the sauce.
If in a hurry, choose boneless chicken breast and reduce roasting time to 25 minutes.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb SKU: 193$7.32
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic 2 3/4 Korintje Cinnamon Sticks 1.28 oz. SKU: 18495$3.84
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed 1.76 oz. SKU: 18477$4.71
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz. SKU: 18437$8.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Paprika 2.10 oz. SKU: 18432$5.78