Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Cake Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Swirl
Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
Hands-on Time: 1 hrs 0 mins
Makes: 12 servings
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Korintje Cinnamon, Ground, Organic 1.90 oz.
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves ground organic
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb.
- 1 cup Cane Sugar, Organic 5# FT
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract, Organic 2 fl. oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Maple Flavor 2oz
- 1 dash Frontier Co-op Korintje Cinnamon, Ground, Organic 1.90 oz.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- extra powdered sugar for dusting linen towel (3 tablespoons) and cake (1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper evenly with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt into a large bowl.
3 In another large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high for 2 minutes. Gradually add in sugar until thickened, then add pumpkin and vanilla until well combined. Fold in sifted dry mixture and chopped pecans until just incorporated.
4. Pour batter and spread evenly into lined pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cake lightly springs back when touched in the center and a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
5. Remove pan from oven, and immediately flip cake onto a linen towel dusted with about 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Peel off parchment paper and roll cake up into towel, starting with the short side. After cake is rolled into a spiral, place on a cooling rack until room temperature (about 1 hour).
For the Filling
1. Beat cream cheese, maple flavor, and butter until smooth. Gradually add in powdered sugar, beating until fluffy.
2. Once cake is cooled, gently unroll and spread maple pecan cream cheese filling evenly on the inside of the cake. Roll cake back into spiral shape, then dust with about 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar, using a sifter. Evenly sprinkle cake with ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
3. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve. If you are not serving immediately, stored covered in a refrigerator.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$27.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract, Organic 2 fl. oz. SKU: 23182$12.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Maple Flavor 2 fl. oz. SKU: 23081$5.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.30
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$6.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz. SKU: 18458$8.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Korintje Cinnamon, Ground, Organic 1.90 oz. SKU: 18434$6.39