Se Chung Oolong Tea Vodka Cooler with Chinese Five Spice Ice
Total Time: 0 hrs 0 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 0 mins
Makes: 1 servings
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon Se Chung Special Oolong org
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 tablespoons (1/4 to 3/4 ounces) honey, depending on preferred level of sweetness
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (3/4 ounces) lime juice
- 6 ounces water
- 1 1/2 ounces ounces vodka
- 1 standard or oversize ice cube tray
- 1 scant cup water
- 1 lime, for garnish
- 1 pinch fresh Thai basil or mint, for garnish
For the Ice
1. Sprinkle the Chinese Five Spice Powder evenly throughout the ice cube tray. Fill with water and freeze as usual.
For the Cocktail
1. Pour 6 ounces simmering water over 1 teaspoon of Se Chung Oolong Tea. Steep 4 to 5 minutes, strain and refrigerate until cool. (Note this will make enough tea for one cocktail. If planning to serve multiple cocktails, brew more tea accordingly.)
2. Mix refrigerated, brewed tea, vodka, honey and lime juice in a pint glass. Add plain ice to fill. Cover with cocktail shaker and shake well (10 seconds).
3. Fill a highball or other tall glass with the Chinese Five Spice ice cubes, and strain the shaker over the ice into the highball.
4. (Optional) garnish with a fresh Thai basil (or mint) sprig, and a lime wedge.