Balsamic Lemon Peppered Vegetable Skewers
Total Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 8 servings
With an abundance of color and flavor, these skewers -- marinated in balsamic vinegar and sweet pineapple juice -- feature an array of hearty vegetables seasoned with Frontier Salt-Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Grilled to smoky perfection, these skewers are great on their own or served as a side dish with grilled steak and potatoes.
- 2 teaspoons SF Lemon Pepper Org.
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
1. Mix balsamic vinegar, Lemon Pepper Seasoning and pineapple juice in a large plastic zipper bag. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, occasionally tossing the bag to re-coat the vegetables.
2. Place vegetables on skewers, alternating the vegetables. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing the vegetables with the leftover marinade.
Substitute any of your favorite vegetables for the ones listed above.Serve with a grilled steak and mashed potatoes for a great summer meal.