1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover a sheet tray with a piece of parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. Using your hands or two knives, cut the butter into the flour until the butter is in pea-sized pieces.
3. Stir in the currants and caraway seeds.
4. Whisk the egg and pour into the dry ingredients, followed by the honey and buttermilk. Stir until the dough has just come together.
5. Lightly flour your hands and shape the dough into a ball that is roughly 8 inches in diameter. Place on the prepared sheet tray. Using a sharp knife, cut two slits in the shape of an "X" roughly 1/2 inch into the dough.
6. Bake the soda bread for 45 to 55 minutes, until golden. When tapped on the bottom, bread should sound hollow.
7. Transfer to a baking rack and allow to cool before slicing.