Baked Falafel Bites with Tahini Sauce
Total Time: 0 hrs 25 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 5 mins
Makes: 20 bites
These oven-baked falafel bites are light and yet full of robust, earthy flavor. They are gluten-free and full of plant-based protein from the lentils and chickpeas. Drizzle our 1-minute creamy tahini sauce on top for an easy appetizer or serve with lettuce, tomato and red onions for a healthy entree.
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Co-op Parsley Leaf Flakes, Organic
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro leaf c/s organic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Sea Salt coarse 5# pkg
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cumin Seed, Ground, Organic 1.76 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seed ground organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper black fine grind org
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup tahini (runny)
- 6 tablespoons warm water, plus more as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.2. Place lentils, chickpeas, oat flour, oil, parsley, cilantro, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic in a 7-cup food processor and pulse until incorporated.3. Using a retractable cookie scoop (1 tablespoon in size), form the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheet with about an inch of space between each. You can also use your hands and roll into small balls about 1-inch in diameter.4. Bake the falafel bites for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, prep the tahini sauce. Add tahini, water, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine until you have a creamy, pourable sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.6. Remove falafel bites from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the baking sheet to harden slightly before enjoying. 7. Serve with tahini sauce and butterhead lettuce, red onions and cherry tomatoes.
Falafel bites can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week. Store tahini sauce in the refrigerator covered for up to 2 weeks. To freshen and thin after storage add more warm water 1 tablespoon at a time and whisk just before using.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lbs. SKU: 333$8.42
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cumin Seed, Ground, Organic 1.76 oz. SKU: 18477$4.71
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed 1.66 oz. SKU: 18463$5.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Fine Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz. SKU: 18436$7.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Parsley Leaf Flakes, Organic 0.24 oz. SKU: 18379$2.83
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz. SKU: 18351$6.05
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf 0.56 oz. SKU: 18324$4.49