Gingered Butternut Pie in Walnut Cereal Crust
Total Time: 0 hrs 30 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar, Organic 5# FT
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon A Grade Ground Org
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Crystallized Ginger organic
- 3 teaspoons walnut oil
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 cups organic, lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 6 cups natural toasted squares cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a rolling pin, crush cereal. (You'll have about 1-1/2 cups.) In a mixing bowl, combine cereal, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Add walnut oil, toss together with a fork until well mixed. Press mixture firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch, deep-dish glass pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine butternut squash, molasses, ground ginger, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix well. Fold in yogurt until blended throughout. Place mixture into prepared crust. Sprinkle crystallized ginger decoratively over top.
4. Freeze at least 2 hours, or until very firm. Place pie into refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$14.85
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Crystallized Ginger Cubes, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 2831$15.40
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb. SKU: 193$7.32
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$6.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon 1.90 oz. SKU: 18434$4.63