No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
Total Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Makes: 22 servings
These guilt-free, no-bake energy bites taste like little morsels of pumpkin pie. They are the perfect sweet treat for a quick and healthy snack. They are packed with plant-based protein, healthy fats, fiber and of course fall’s favorite vegetable, pumpkin! We kept them refined-sugar free and added just a touch of maple syrup for sweetness. The energy bites are flavored with our vanilla extract and our pumpkin pie spice blend for the perfect easy solution to the classic warm and aromatic pumpkin pie flavor we all love.
- 1/4 cup Frontier Co-op Hulled Sesame Seed, Whole, Organic 2.29 oz.
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Grey Sea Salt, Fine Grind 1 lb.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond butter, raw and unsalted
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Make sure the cookie sheet can fit in your refrigerator or freezer.2. Place sesame seeds on a small rimmed plate or in a small bowl and set aside.3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, almond flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt until well incorporated. Stir in the wet ingredients (almond butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla). Gently fold in the chopped pecans.4. Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop out heaping 1 tablespoon portions of the dough and roll each into a ball using your hands. Gently dip half of each ball into the sesame seeds (if using) and place directly on cookie sheet leaving a bit of space between each ball so they are not touching.5. Place the cookie sheet in your refrigerator for two hours or longer to allow the energy bites to firm up. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week. You can also store in your freezer for even firmer balls. If completely frozen, leave the energy bites out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
For best results, almond butter should be slightly runny with oils stirred in well. Recipe works best with a fresh jar that has been refrigerated overnight. You do not want to use almond butter that is dry or hardened.