- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seed ground organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seed ground organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 3/4 pound red beets
- 5/16 cups olive oil (1 tablespoon + 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlics
- 1, 15 oz can cooked chickpeas (drained with liquid reserved + chickpeas rinsed)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Flatbread, for serving
- Radishes and Carrots, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Peel and quarter the beets. Toss with olive oil, cumin, coriander, and salt. Roast until the beets are tender; 45 minutes or so. Remove beets from oven and let cool slightly.
2. In a high-speed blender or food processor, process garlic until broken into fine pieces. Add in the 2/3rds of the cooked beets, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and sea salt. As the food processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil. Continue to run until the hummus is smooth, adding in a tablespoon of leftover chickpea liquid as needed to help smooth out the hummus.
3. Transfer the hummus to a bowl. Cut the remaining cooked beets into ¼” size pieces. Top the hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, the roasted beet pieces, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Roast the beets ahead
of time to make quick work of the hummus.