Vegan Halva with Vanilla Beans
Total Time: 0 hrs 30 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Makes: 24 servings
1. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Stir tahini and place tahini and a pinch of salt in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or a food processor. Add the cinnamon and cloves. Give the ingredients a quick stir.
3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup water. Do not stir. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature and remove from heat when the temperature reaches 240 degrees.
4. Turn the mixer to low speed. Slowly stream syrup from saucepan into mixing bowl while it is running. Mix for about 1 minute or until syrup is incorporated and mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
5. Work quickly so the mixture doesn’t start to set. Pour the mixture into the parchment-lined baking pan. Pour almonds and cacao nibs over mixture. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and spread mixture evenly in the pan with your hands. If the mixture is too hot to handle with only the parchment paper on top, wear oven mitts or spread with flat-paddle spatula.
6. Cool completely at room temperature then cut into squares. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Kosher Salt Flakes 1 lb. SKU: 4419$5.50
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$14.85
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ceylon Cinnamon 1.76 oz. SKU: 19456$6.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Whole Vanilla Bean, Organic 1 bean SKU: 18473$13.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz. SKU: 18458$6.51