- 1/2 inch Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Cut & Sifted, Organic 1 lb.
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric root ground organic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder Fiesta
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cumin Seed, Ground, Organic 1.76 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seed ground organic
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppercorns black whole org
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Kosher Flake Salt 1 lb.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee (unsalted butter)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) baby portabella mushrooms, cut in small cubes
- 1 package extra firm tofu, cut in small cubes or crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
Sauté onion in oil and ghee until translucent. Add ginger and sauté about 30 seconds. Add all the spices and fry for 30 seconds. Add 3 tablespoons water and chopped mushrooms. If more substance is desired, add your favorite chopped vegetables to the mixture. Cook over medium heat about 20 minutes. (If mushrooms become too dry, add about 1/2 cup of water.)
Add tofu and cook for additional 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and top with a spoonful of yogurt.
Serve over cooked brown rice. Do not use olive oil for this recipe, or it will lose the curry flavor.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Cut & Sifted, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 621$33.50
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Kosher Flake Salt 1 lb. SKU: 4419$10.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cumin Seed, Ground, Organic 1.76 oz. SKU: 18477$6.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed 1.66 oz. SKU: 18463$5.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root 1.41 oz. SKU: 18459$6.29
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Black Peppercorns 2.12 oz. SKU: 18435$8.29
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Fiesta Chili Powder 1 lb. SKU: 125$14.50