- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt regular 5# pkg.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 pound snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 2 cups green curry sauce
- 4 wild lime leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Make the basic green curry sauce. Set aside.
2. Place the eggplant pieces in a colander and toss with salt. Let stand for fifteen minutes to allow any bitter residue to drain off.
3. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil. Sear eggplant in hot oil until blistered, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the red pepper and snow peas and sauté for one minute. Add spinach and toss to wilt.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in basic green curry sauce. Add the lime leaves and let simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the lime leaves with slotted spoon, and stir in fish sauce and sugar. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil leaves.
6. Top with bean sprouts. Serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges for squeezing.