8 cups water
3/4 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
1 pinch Frontier Co-op Saffron
1/8 teaspoon cracked Frontier Co-op Black Peppercorns
8 ounces dry fettuccine noodles
1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. While water is heating, prepare the sauce.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine half-and-half, butter, salt, saffron and pepper. Stir gently and allow saffron to infuse into the warm cream mixture. When the mixture begins to simmer, turn off heat.
2. When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Return drained noodles to the pot along with warmed creamed sauce.
3. Add Parmesan and stir until well combined. Set heat to medium and cook, tossing noodles in the sauce, until noodles are tender and sauce has thickened. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a splash of the reserved cooking water. Serve garnished with additional Parmesan and fresh parsley.
4. Use a wooden spoon to stir the saffron cream sauce; the threads get tangled up in a whisk.
From this recipe
Frontier Frontier Organic Saffron Threads 0.5 g SKU: 18450$22.19
Frontier Frontier Co-op Ceylon Black Peppercorns, Whole, Organic 2.12 oz. SKU: 19582$8.19
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.84
Frontier Frontier Exotic Peppercorn Blend Grinder 1.69 oz. SKU: 18278$7.59