Greek Manicotti with Tzatziki Sauce
Total Time: 0 hrs 55 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 4 servings
Tzatziki is a traditional Greek sauce made of strained yogurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, and dill or mint. This vegetarian manicotti recipe is filled with creamy cheese and hummus, topped with chopped, sautéed vegetables and served with tangy tzatziki sauce for a well-rounded, ethnic flavor.
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed ground organic
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon White Peppercorns
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 cup farmer's cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped spinach, well-drained
- 1 cup hummus, prepared or homemade
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or 2 cups Greek yogurt)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cook manicotti shells according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water.
3. Combine filling ingredients and use to stuff shells. Place stuffed shells into baking dish.
4. Sauté red pepper, zucchini, onion, and olives in oil, then spoon onto manicotti. Cover either with baking dish lid or aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Combine Tzatziki Sauce ingredients (whole milk yogurt, sour cream, garlic cloves, lemon pepper and white pepper) in food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Heat in saucepan until slightly warmed (don’t overcook or the sauce will curdle), and serve with manicotti.