1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together sifted flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment, add butter and turn mixer to medium high. Slowly add sugar to the mixing bowl and beat together on medium high until it becomes light in color, about 2 minutes.
Add egg, tahini, and vanilla to a single container and slowly pour in to the mixer. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add in the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
6. Spread sesame seeds on a plate or shallow bowl. Roll dough into balls about 2 tablespoons in size. Then roll each ball in sesame seeds until thoroughly coated. Place balls on baking sheets about three inches apart.
7. For tenderer, more chewy cookies, refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes before baking.
8. Bake on middle oven rack for 9 minutes.Turn baking sheets 180 degrees and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack before enjoying.
9. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to a week.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Hulled Sesame Seed, Whole, Organic 1 lb SKU: 342$6.16
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Black Sesame Seed, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 2961$6.60
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$14.85
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Soda 1 lb. SKU: 2302$2.48
Frontier Co-op Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb SKU: 193$7.32