Grilled Corn Salsa
Total Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro leaf c/s organic
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Onion Powder, White, Organic 2.10 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cumin Seed, Ground, Organic 1.76 oz.
- 2 ears of fresh yellow corn (choose organic to avoid GMOs)
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and cooled
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat an outdoor grill on low. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for low heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 300 to 325 degrees.
2. Remove the husks and corn silk completely before placing the corn on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes or until the corn is bright yellow and kernels are tender.
3. Turn the heat up to medium-high (about 375 degrees) and continue to grill until the corn chars slightly. Allow the corn to cool before carefully slicing off the kernels.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the corn, squash, black beans, grape tomatoes, green pepper, raisins and spices. Stir to combine.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yields 6-8 servings
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$7.32
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cumin Seed, Ground, Organic 1.76 oz. SKU: 18477$4.71
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Onion Powder, White, Organic 2.10 oz. SKU: 18433$4.14
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz. SKU: 18351$6.05
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf 0.56 oz. SKU: 18324$4.49