2 pounds pork loin
1 onion, cut in half
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 Frontier Co-op Bay Leaves
1 pound Russet potatoes (2-3), peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Chipotle Pepper
1 pound spicy chorizo sausage
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Marjoram
1. Place pork, halved onion, garlic and bay leaves in a large pot, cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, about 40 minutes.
2. Skim fat as it comes to the surface and discard. Remove pork from water, and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, pull pork apart with hands or use 2 forks to pull apart. Set pulled pork aside. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, discard the rest.
3. Meanwhile, place diced potatoes in cold, salted water, bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, set aside.
4. Cook chopped onion in a sauté pan until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add pulled pork, tomatoes and Chipotle powder. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down; about 5 minutes. Add the Spicy Chorizo Sausage and potatoes to the pan, stir well. Stir in vinegar, thyme and marjoram.
5. Continue to cook until some of the liquid evaporates. Enjoy!
Serve on warm tortillas or as a salad topper. Spicy black beans and corn relish are nice compliments.