50 almonds, blanched, divided
1 cup butter
3/4 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Almond Extract
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind 14 of the almonds to a fine powder.
- Cream butter and honey together. Add egg, ground almonds, and extracts.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture gradually to wet ingredients. Knead into a dough. (Add a drop of water or flour one at a time if necessary to make a kneadable consistency.)
- Pinch off small balls of dough and place on greased cookie sheet. Press flat into 1/2-inch thickness. Make an indentation in top of each cookie and place a whole almond in each.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Almond Extract 4 fl. oz. SKU: 31006$10.89
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract, Organic 2 fl. oz. SKU: 23182$12.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Powder (no added aluminum) 5 lbs. SKU: 2313$38.40
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.30