Molasses Spice Cookies
Total Time: 3 hrs 45 mins
Hands-on Time: 25 mins
Makes: 12 servings
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar
1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
3/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Soda
6 ounces butter or shortening
3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and baking soda. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Add margarine or shortening and mix until mixture looks sandy.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the molasses and yogurt. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove dough from bowl, seal tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick coating.
- Roll chilled dough out on floured work surface to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Cut as desired with sharp cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets, leaving one inch between cookies.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes then move to a rack to cool completely.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade Certified™ 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$27.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Korintje Cinnamon, Ground, Organic 1.90 oz. SKU: 18434$6.39
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$6.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz. SKU: 18458$8.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.30
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Soda 1 lb. SKU: 2302$4.50