1/3 cup butter (or margarine)
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Soda
Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using electric mixer, cream together butter and honey. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla, and beat well.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well.
5. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with natural cane sugar, if desired.
6. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on rack.
For added crunch, toss crushed walnuts into the batter.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract, Organic 2 fl. oz. SKU: 23182$12.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Korintje Cinnamon, Ground, Organic 1.90 oz. SKU: 18434$6.39
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Nutmeg, Ground 1.92 oz. SKU: 18369$7.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz. SKU: 18458$8.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Soda 1 lb. SKU: 2302$4.50
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Powder (no added aluminum) 5 lbs. SKU: 2313$38.40
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$27.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Nutmeg, Ground, Organic, Fair Trade Certified™ 1 lb. SKU: 7013$58.00