Total Time: 0 hrs 15 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Makes: 1 servings
Want to really mix things up? This peppermint twist on the traditional Gin Sour cocktail combines complementary flavors of peppermint and grapefruit for a fresh take on a turn-of-the-century favorite. The resulting combination will conjure memories of both ripe winter grapefruits and summery mint for a party drink that’s the best of both seasons – sweet and sour.
- 2 cups Cane Sugar, Organic 5# FT
- 1/2 cup Frontier Co-op Peppermint Leaf, Cut & Sifted 1 lb.
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces gin*
- 2 cups water
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce Peppermint Tea Syrup
1. To make peppermint tea syrup, combine sugar and water on stovetop and bring just to a boil. Add the peppermint tea and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and refrigerate.
2. To make the Sour, combine grapefruit juice, lemon juice, peppermint tea syrup, and gin. Shake well with ice, strain, and serve.
* For a non-alcoholic option, forgo the gin and instead top with soda water.