Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
Total Time: 25 mins
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 6-8 servings
FOR THE CARIBBEAN JERK CHICKEN:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op® Organic Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
2 teaspoons neutral oil
FOR THE MANGO SALSA:
2 ripe mangos, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
½ large lime, juiced, or 2 tablespoons bottled lime juice
½ teaspoon agave nectar
⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat grill.
- Cut chicken breast(s) lengthwise, butterflying them open.
- In a bowl, combine Jerk Seasoning, oil and chicken. Dredge chicken in seasoning, thoroughly coating all sides. Set chicken aside to marinate while preparing salsa (see directions below).
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Serve in a warm corn tortilla with mango salsa.
- In a 1-quart (or larger) bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To Make the Chicken:
To Make the Mango Salsa: