1. Zest the lemon, taking the yellow zest but not the white pith.
2. Juice the lemon, discard remaining peels.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, including lemon zest and juice.
4. For vegetables cooked on a skewer Use a pastry brush to lightly coat with the marinade. As with any oil-based marinade on the grill, use sparingly to avoid flare-ups. More can be added during cooking if needed, or even afterward as a dressing.
5. For vegetables cooked in a grill basket Toss in a bowl adding a little marinade at a time until all vegetables are lightly coated. Again, add sparingly at first to avoid flare-ups.
6. Grill quickly over high heat. Move around to avoid flare-ups caused by dripping marinade.
Makes 1 cup.