1 tablespoon neutral oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
2 ribs celery, minced
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen -- add 2 minutes to cooking time if so)
2 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons Frontier Co-op® Organic Buffalo Dry Rub
8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Set Instant Pot to sauté.
- Into pot, add oil, onion, bell pepper, celery and carrots; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and let mixture cook for another 2 minutes.
- Switch Instant Pot to Pressure Cook.
- Add broth, chicken breasts, beans and Buffalo Seasoning. Pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Force-release pressure (making sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions).
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- For a thicker chili broth, mash beans in Instant Pot with the back of a spoon.
- Add shredded chicken back into pot; add cream cheese.
- Pressure cook for another 2 minutes.
- Force-release pressure, stir well and serve.
Serve with crusty bread.
Garnish with chopped celery or green onions.