- 4 teaspoons Veg Broth pwd low sodium org
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Thyme leaf organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Black Pepper, Medium Grind, Organic
- 1 Bay leaf whole organic
- 1 1/2 cups dry split peas, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt, for garnish
1. In a medium pot, combine water, split peas, vegetable broth powder and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook about 60 to 90 minutes, until peas are tender.
2. Stir in sweet potatoes and remove bay leaf. Heat until potatoes are warm.
3. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt and serve hot.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth Powder, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 2780$22.50
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb. SKU: 193$7.32
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Bay Leaf 0.15 oz. SKU: 18474$5.37
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Black Pepper, Medium Grind, Organic 1.80 oz. SKU: 18437$8.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf 0.63 oz. SKU: 18418$3.41