Sweet, Smoky and Spicy Honey Mustard Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
Total Time: 0 hrs 15 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 15 mins
Makes: 10 servings
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Chili Powder, Organic 1.94 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Paprika, Smoked, Ground 1.87 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Onion Powder, White, Organic 2.10 oz.
- 1 pinch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1. Lay the chicken wings on a clean surface and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the Dijon mustard and honey to a boil, stirring the mixture to prevent burning. Once the mustard and honey reach a boil, remove the pan from the heat and add the mustard seeds, garlic, chili, smoked paprika and onion powder. Whisk the spices into the honey mustard.
3. Pour the honey mustard mixture into a slow cooker. Add the chicken wings over the top. Gently toss the chicken with the honey mustard until the wings are evenly coated. Cook the chicken wings on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
4. (Optional) For a crispy glaze, remove the chicken wings from the slow cooker after the cooking time is complete. Place the wings (and remaining honey mustard from the slow cooker) on a large baking sheet. Turn the broiler on high. Cook the wings under the broiler for 3 minutes.
5. Serve the wings with celery sticks and homemade ranch dressing.
These wings can be prepared in advance. Prepare the honey mustard (above) and allow it to fully cool. Place the uncooked wings and cooled honey mustard in a large container or bag and toss together. Freeze for later use or cook within 24 hours if stored in the fridge.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Paprika, Smoked, Ground 1.87 oz. SKU: 19523$6.99
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Onion Powder, White, Organic 2.10 oz. SKU: 18433$5.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Chili Powder, Organic 1.94 oz. SKU: 18361$4.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz. SKU: 18351$8.39