- 2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Seafood Seasoning, Original, Organic 2.80 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Seafood Seasoning, Original, Organic 2.80 oz.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 1/3 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs, for poaching
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
To make crab cakes
1. Combine 1 teaspoon lemon juice, slightly beaten eggs, mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons of Seafood Seasoning in a medium bowl until well mixed.
2. Stir in crab meat, and then add the breadcrumbs.
3. Cover and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes, while you make the sauce, below.
4. After refrigeration, form crab mixture into 6 large patties.
5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Keep cakes warm while you poach the eggs.
To make sauce
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add flour. Whisk for 3 to 4 minutes, until flour darkens slightly.
2. Gradually add in heavy cream and milk, whisking. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon Seafood Seasoning and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Keep sauce warm over low heat.
To poach eggs
1. Crack the unbeaten eggs into six separate ramekins, leaving the yolks intact.
2. Fill a deep saucepan 2/3 full with water, heating until bubbles just start to form, and then add the vinegar.
3. Slowly and carefully pour each egg individually from the ramekin into the hot water and let lightly simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the whites become opaque. Make sure eggs do not touch each other. If necessary, cook eggs in batches.
4. Remove eggs and serve immediately.
1. Place warm crab cake on plate, put poached egg on top of the crab cake, and drizzle lemon cream sauce over the top.