- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Rosemary Leaf, Whole, Organic 0.85 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Thyme Leaf, Whole, Organic 0.63 oz.
- 1/3 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cayenne Chili Pepper, Ground, Organic 1.70 oz.
- 2 teaspoons annatto oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lime
1. Combine the oil and herbs in a small bowl. Add the shrimp and marinade for about 30 minutes (in the refrigerator).
2. Heat a large cast iron skillet (don’t add oil). Place the shrimp in the hot pan and cook about 2 minutes, then turn and cook another 2 to 4 minutes, until shrimp is just cooked.
3. Serve with lime wedges.
You can make your own annatto oil simply by heating annatto seeds in oil. Use about 1 tablespoon of annatto seeds and 1/2 cup of olive oil. When oil is a rich red color, strain seeds. (Don't overcook.).