- 2 tablespoons Frontier Co-op Herbes de Provence 0.85 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Lemon peel c/s organic
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat grill to medium-low.
2. To prepare cauliflower steaks, remove the green leaves but leave as much of the stem in tacked. Place the cauliflower stem side down, cut off about 1” of right and left side of the cauliflower, and then cut four, 1” thick steaks.
3. Place the cauliflower steaks on a sheet tray covered with wax paper. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with half the herb de provence. Flip, brush that side with oil, and sprinkle with remaining herb de provence.
4. Carefully transfer steaks to the grill and cook until the cauliflower is lightly charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. If more tender cauliflower is desired, transfer steaks to indirect heat and allow to cook longer.
5. While cauliflower is cooking, combine chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and parsley in a bowl. Toss until well combined then set aside.
6. Serve steaks with a spoonful or two of the chickpea mixture.