Chinese Five Spice Vegetable Stir Fry
Chinese Five Spice Seasoning was developed to include all five tastes sweet, sour, bitter, salty and hot or pungent/spicy. In this vegetable stir fry, all five flavors are present in each crunchy and veggie-packed bite. Serve stir fry over hot rice and add grilled chicken, seafood or beef for a meat version.
Share with your friends
- Oil for sautéing
- 6 stalks celery, cut in 1-inch diagonal slices
- 6 green onions, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup wheat-free, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Five Spice Powder
- 2 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil. Add celery, green onion, and peppers. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix together water, honey, soy sauce, Five-Spice Powder. Pour this sauce over vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mung bean sprouts and mushrooms, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.