Zesty Southwest Sliders
If you thought “sliders” were only for late-night feasting, think again. These zesty sliders will perk up any party.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Mexican Seasoning, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 4 large slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 whole wheat slider buns
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 slices
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon Mexican Seasoning, mayonnaise and lime juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix ground beef and 2 teaspoons Mexican Seasoning with a fork, without compressing the meat. Shape into eight 2-ounce rounded patties.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Place patties in pan, top with red onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip patties onion-side down, and top with cheese. Cover skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Place patties onion-side down on bottom bun. Top cheese side of patty with avocado and tomato. Spread seasoned mayo on underside of top bun and place on burger. Hold sliders together with a toothpick and serve.