Soft, warm and delicious, these made-from-scratch cinnamon rolls featuring the can't-miss flavor of our Vietnamese Cinnamon and real Vanilla Extract are worth every minute to make.
Share with your friends
- 3/4 cup warm (90 degrees) whole milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op® Sea Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons Frontier Co-op® Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op® Ground Organic Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op® Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached, combine milk, yeast and maple syrup. Let rest for about 5 minutes, until yeast shows signs of bubbling/activation, then add remaining ingredients for the dough.
- Turn mixer on again and knead dough in mixer for 5 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. When kneaded, dough should feel tacky but not sticky. Remove bowl from mixer and place in a warm spot; cover with a towel and let dough rise for about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll into a large, ½-inch thick rectangle. Spread melted butter over dough and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Starting with edge closest to you, roll dough into a log. Using a knife, cut log in half, then cut each half into six cinnamon rolls. Transfer to a 9-x-13-inch pan.
- Place pan in a warm spot, cover with a towel, and let rest until rolls have puffed and nearly doubled in size. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 22 minutes, until starting to brown. Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, whisking into a smooth icing.
- Let rolls cool for five minutes, then drizzle on icing. Serve immediately. Rolls can also be reheated to serve the next day.