Easy Elderberry Syrup
Total Time: 0 hrs 45 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 30 mins
Makes: About 2 cups
1 cup Frontier Co-op Whole Elderberries
3 cups water
1 cup honey or agave syrup
1. In a sauce pan with a lid, place 1 cup of dried elderberries and 3 cups of water. If desired, stir in 3 tablespoons of any combination of powdered ginger, cinnamon or cloves.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, partially covered. Stirring occasionally, simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Remove from heat, let cool and pour through strainer (discarding berries).
4. Stir in a cup of honey or agave syrup.
5. Pour into a jar with a lid and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.