Baked Cod with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Makes: 4 servings
Serve this simple baked cod with lemon and olive oil over savory roasted vegetables for an easy, nourishing meal.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Original Seafood Seasoning
- Frontier Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cod fillets
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli crowns
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup peeled, chopped carrots
- 1 cup peeled, chopped parsnips
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Frontier Sea Salt, to taste
For the Roasted Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss together broccoli crowns, mushrooms, carrots, parsnips, garlic, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
3. Pour vegetables onto a baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
4. Roast vegetables at 375 for 15 minutes. While they cook, prepare the cod (instructions below).
5. After 15 minutes, pull the baking sheet out of the oven and stir the vegetables with a spatula or pair of tongs.
6. Return the vegetables to the oven for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until vegetables have browned and are easily pierced with a fork. Top with baked cod and serve immediately.
For the Cod
1. Rub Frontier Original Organic Seafood Seasoning into the cod on all sides.
2. Place cod on a separate baking sheet and top with lemon slices.
3. Bake at 375 for 15 to 17 minutes until cooked through.
4. Serve over roasted vegetables.