1. In a sauce pan with lid, place 1 cup of dried elderberries and 3 cups of water. If desired, stir in 3 tablespoons of any combination of powdered ginger, cinnamon or cloves.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, partially covered. Stirring occasionally, simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Remove from heat, let cool and pour through strainer (discarding berries & cloves).
4. Stir in a cup of honey or agave syrup.
5. Pour into a jar with lid and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Elderberries, Whole, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 2730$16.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Vietnamese Cinnamon 1.31 oz. SKU: 19526$6.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ginger Root 1.31 oz. SKU: 19467$5.07
Frontier Co-op Frontier Ground Cloves 1.92 oz. SKU: 18415$7.29