1 store-bought or homemade pie crust
6 to 8 strips bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 to 3 large leeks, washed and sliced
1/2 pound baby bella mushrooms, washed, stems removed and sliced
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Black Pepper
2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out the crust and crimp into a 9-inch pie pan. Place in oven and pre-bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon until done and crisp. Transfer to a bowl, drain off most of the bacon grease and return pan to stovetop. Add olive oil followed by leeks. Sauté leeks for 5 to 6 minutes, until soft and browning. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 4 mushrooms, until tender. Add bacon back to pan, then remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Prepare quiche by sprinkling mushroom mixture into crust, then pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
5. Bake quiche for 45 to 55 minutes, until top is lightly brown and quiche does not jiggle when shaken. Remove, let cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.