FOR FLOUR MIXTURE:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cloves
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cinnamon
FOR LIQUID MIXTURE:
1/2 cup honey
1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
FOR BUTTERMILK MIXTURE:
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Soda
1/4 cup buttermilk
FOR FINAL MIXING:
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sift together flour and spices.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, honey, pumpkin and oil together.
4. In another bowl, dissolve baking soda in buttermilk.
5. Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring well between additions. Stir in raisins.
6. Pour into a greased loaf pan and place in center of oven. Bake until loaf tests done with a toothpick, about 1 1/2 hours. (Cover with aluminum foil if top gets dark before loaf tests done.)