Coconut Rum Truffles
Total Time: 0 hrs 23 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 24 servings
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract Org. 2 oz.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 teaspoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut, divided
1. In a small, heavy saucepan (or double boiler), melt butter and chocolate together until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Add rum, cream, egg yolk, sugar, almond extract, and 1/2 cup of the coconut. Whisk until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. Roll into one-inch balls, then roll the balls in the remaining 1 cup coconut. Set on waxed paper to harden. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to one month.