Vanilla Sourdough Doughnuts with Cinnamon-Sugar
Total Time: 0 hrs 32 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 12 servings
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar, Organic 5#
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz.
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Cinnamon, Vietnamese, Ground, Organic 1.31 oz.
- 3 tablespoons sourdough starter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cup milk
1. In a small bowl, mix together starter, flour and water.2. Cover lightly and let sit for at least 8 hours. Mixture should be bubbly.3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.4. To the bowl of starter, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir until well combined.5. Grease 12 doughnut pan molds well. Fill each doughnut mold about three-quarters full.6. Bake for 12 minutes, until doughnuts spring back when touched and bottom is golden. Remove from the oven and let sit briefly.7. In a small bowl, add sugar and cinnamon, stirring to combine.8. While doughnuts are still hot, add one doughnut to bowl and toss in sugar mixture until well coated. Place on waxed or parchment paper to cool. Repeat with remaining doughnuts.
If you would like to cool the doughnuts before adding the cinnamon/sugar, melt ¼ cup of butter and dip each doughnut in the warm butter before adding sugar mixture.
From this recipe
Frontier Frontier Co-op Baking Powder (no added aluminum) 1 lb. SKU: 2333$23.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic 5 lbs. SKU: 2754$27.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz. SKU: 23188$22.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Soda 1 lb. SKU: 2302$4.50
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cinnamon, Vietnamese, Ground, Organic 1.31 oz. SKU: 19526$6.49