1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup molasses
2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Ginger Root
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Nutmeg
TO MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH:
1. In a mixing bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, molasses and vanilla and continue mixing until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg, stirring to combine.
3. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat on medium-low to medium speed until dough comes together and appears slightly shiny.
4. Divide dough equally into four sections and shape each into balls. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
TO MAKE THE LATTICE COOKIES:
1. Once chilled, on a piece of parchment paper, roll out each ball of dough into a 12-x-12-inch square, one-quarter-inch thick. Make cuts in each square to form one-quarter-inch wide slices.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover two baking trays with parchment paper.
3. With one square, fold back every other strip onto itself so that half the strips are folded at the center of the square, being careful to not to create a crease. Using strips from another square, lay one strip across the unfolded strips of the first square.
4. Gently lay the folded strips back over the strip you just laid down. Lift up the alternating strips and repeat the process. Continue to the end of the square, creating a lattice pattern in that half.
5. Turn the square 180 degrees and, working from the middle again, repeat the process with remaining strips. Then repeat with the remaining two squares of dough.
6. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out cookies and transfer them to a parchment-lined sheet tray.
7. Re-shape remaining dough scraps into two small squares. Repeat steps of creating lattice until you run out of dough.
8. Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes until firm to the touch and browning on the bottom. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
From this recipe
Frontier Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz. SKU: 23188$22.49
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Baking Powder (no added aluminum) 5 lbs. SKU: 2313$39.94
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Baking Soda 1 lb. SKU: 2302$4.88
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.84
Frontier Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$7.19
Frontier Frontier Co-op Ceylon Cinnamon, Ground, Organic, Fair Trade Certified™ 1.76 oz. SKU: 19456$7.19
Frontier Frontier Co-op Nutmeg, Ground 1.92 oz. SKU: 18369$8.19