1 4-pound whole chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Frontier Garlic Granules
1 teaspoon Frontier Dried Thyme Leaf
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Black Pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Ground Sage Leaf, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small shallot, chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup hot water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry. Transfer to a stovetop-safe roasting pan. Rub with olive oil, then sprinkle on garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons sage.
2. Roast for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and spoon pan juices over chicken. Transfer chicken to a cutting board to let rest while making pan sauce.
3. Place roasting pan on stovetop and add butter. Once butter is melted, add shallots and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in wine and ½ teaspoon sage and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add hot water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let sauce simmer until reduced down and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice before serving.
5. Carve chicken and serve with pan sauce
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garlic Granules 2.70 oz. SKU: 18349$6.89
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cut & Sifted Thyme Leaf 0.85 oz. SKU: 18413$4.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.84
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sage Leaf, Ground, Organic 0.80 oz. SKU: 18402$6.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Black Pepper, Medium Grind, Organic 1.80 oz. SKU: 18437$8.79