- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Red Chili Peppers, Crushed 15,000 HU 1.20 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Onion Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt coarse 5# pkg
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces cold sparkling water (seltzer)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups), divided
- 2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks (about 1 cup), divided
- 4 vegetable oil, divided
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, sesame oil, garlic and red chili pepper. in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stir well, turn off the heat, and set pan aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, onion powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until well combined. Add sparkling water and egg, gently stirring until well combined. Fold in 1 cup scallions and ½ cup carrots.
3. In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, place 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. Once hot and simmering, place half of the pancake batter into the pan. Use a spatula to spread the pancake out in a circle toward the edges of the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Scatter 1/2 cup scallions and 1/4 cup carrots onto the raw side of the pancake. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Pour the remaining tablespoon of oil into the pan and repeat the cooking process with the rest of the pancake batter and vegetables.