Pulled Pork Tacos with Birdseye Chili Marinade
Total Time: 8 hrs 0 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 0 mins
- 5 Birdseye Chili Peppers whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt regular 5# pkg.
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper black medium grind org
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin seed whole organic
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander seed whole organic
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Toast dried chilies and garlic cloves in vegetable oil over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of hot water. Soak 15 minutes.
2. Add chopped onion to the pan and sauté 10 minutes, until browned. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor or blender along with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander.
3. Add dehydrated chilies and garlic and 1/8 cup of the soaking water to the blender. Puree until liquefied.
4. Baste the marinade onto the pork. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Transfer pork to the crock of a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Remove pork from the cooker and shred with two forks. Reserve the drippings and strain into a measuring cup. Toss 1 cup drippings with shredded pork to moisten.
7. Assemble pork tacos on corn tortillas, topped with onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Serves 8 to 10.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Birdseye Chili Pepper, Whole 1 lb. SKU: 227$26.00
Frontier Co-op Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb SKU: 193$7.32
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Whole Cumin Seed 1.68 oz. SKU: 18478$6.39
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Whole Coriander Seed 1.31 oz. SKU: 18462$4.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz. SKU: 18437$8.69