Pulled Pork Tacos with Birdseye Chili Marinade
Total Time: 8 hrs 25 mins
Hands-on Time: 25 mins
Makes: 8–10 servings
5 Frontier Co-op Crushed Birdseye Chilis
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped white onion, divided
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
3/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Organic Whole Cumin Seed
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Organic Whole Coriander Seed
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
12 small corn tortillas
2 limes, cut into wedges
4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Toast dried chilies and garlic cloves in vegetable oil over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of hot water. Soak 15 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup chopped onion to pan and sauté 10 minutes, until browned. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor or blender along with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander.
3. Add dehydrated chilies and garlic with 1/8 cup of the soaking water to blender. Puree until liquefied.
4. Baste marinade onto the pork. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Transfer pork to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Remove pork and shred with two forks. Reserve drippings and strain into a measuring cup. Toss 1 cup drippings with shredded pork to moisten.
7. Assemble pork tacos on corn tortillas, topped with remaining onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
From this recipe
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Birdseye Chili Pepper, Whole 1 lb. SKU: 227$27.04
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Coarse 5 lbs. SKU: 333$15.92
Frontier Frontier Organic Whole Cumin Seed 1.68 oz. SKU: 18478$6.69
Frontier Frontier Co-op Black Pepper, Medium Grind, Organic 1.80 oz. SKU: 18437$8.79