Iced Tahini Mocha
Total Time: 12 hrs 15 mins
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 1 servings
Jump-start your day with an Iced Tahini Mocha, a decadent and frosty treat. This blended drink is a chocoholic coffee-lovers dream come true. It is full of chocolate flavor and incredibly sweet and creamy. Yet, it is vegan and refined-sugar free. The tahini adds a slightly nutty flare that compliments the coffee and chocolate flavors perfectly. We enhanced the flavor with a touch of vanilla. This combination is not to be missed! The recipe includes a fun option for a melted chocolate and sesame rim that takes this drink over the top.
12 coffee ice cubes (made from approximately 1 cup dark roast coffee)*
1/2 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk or cashew milk, chilled
2 tablespoons raw tahini
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup (or more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract
1 pinch Frontier Co-op Gray Sea Salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op White Sesame Seeds
Sprinkle of dark chocolate shavings
1. In a blender, add coffee ice cubes, almond milk, tahini, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and gray salt, and blend until smooth and creamy. The longer you blend the less frosty and thick the drink will be. Taste and adjust sweetness and flavors as needed. Set aside.
2. To make a frozen chocolate and sesame seed rim, place drinking glass in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Melt chocolate chips and dip glass in chocolate, fully coating rim. It will freeze to the glass. Let set for 10 seconds, then gently dip chocolate-covered rim in sesame seeds.
3. Pour tahini mocha into the glass.
4. For garnish, sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top.
* To make coffee ice cubes, simply freeze 1 cup of freshly brewed, cooled coffee in an ice cube tray overnight.