Spicy Apple Raisin Cake
Total Time: 0 hrs 15 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 15 mins
Makes: 20 servings
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Allspice ground organic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cinnamon A Grade Ground Org
- 1 1/4 teaspoons FT Nutmeg Ground Org
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves ground organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger root ground organic
- 1 teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract 2oz.
- 2 sticks butter, softened or soy margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10x13 inch pan.
In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each. Stir in applesauce and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and spices. Add raisins and blend well. Add to batter. Mix.
Pour batter into pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes or until firm. Cool completely.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract 2 fl. oz. SKU: 23182$9.24
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Baking Soda 1 lb. SKU: 2302$2.48
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Nutmeg 1.90 oz. SKU: 19463$7.03
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$6.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz. SKU: 18458$6.51
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Allspice Powder 1.83 oz. SKU: 18449$4.50
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon 1.90 oz. SKU: 18434$4.63