1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Frontier Co-op Fair Trade Organic Cane Sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 large egg
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Organic Sweet Turmeric Twist Blend
3/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cream of Tartar
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Organic Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and cane sugar. Beat on medium speed until combined. Add maple syrup and egg, reduce the speed to low, and beat until incorporated. Stop mixer and scrape down sides as needed.
- Add flour, turmeric blend, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract. Beat on low until dough starts to combine. Increase speed to medium-low and process until dough has come together and smoothed out.
- In a small bowl, place remaining sugar and turmeric blend. Scoop out dough by spoonful, roughly 1½ ounces in size. Roll into a ball, dip top half of cookie in sugar mixture and press down to form a disc. Place on sheet tray and continue with remaining dough. Cookies will spread during baking, so be sure to space them equally about 2” apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, rotating once during baking. Cookies should look set and starting to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Once completely cool, transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days, or store in the freezer for 3 months.
These cookies are also great in a smaller size — just reduce the baking time to about 8 to 10 minutes.